Youare summoned to attend a Meeting of the Burnham-on-Crouch Town CouncilEnvironment Committee, to be held in the Council Chamber of these Officeson
Monday 9 March 2020 at10am.
AllTown Councillors and members of the public and press are welcome to attend.
The Council Chamberhas an infra-red loop system. Anyone whorequires assistance in hearing the Meeting should ask the Town Clerk who willbe pleased to help.
1 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
All TownCouncillors have completed their Statutory Declarations of Interests inaccordance with the Localism Act 2011 and the Code of Conduct for Members,adopted by the Town Council.
Membersare required to declare the existence and nature of any ‘personal orprejudicial’ interests relating to items on the Agenda having regard to theCode of Conduct for Members. Members arereminded that they are also required to declare interests as soon as theybecome aware should the need arise throughout the Meeting.
To agree the minutes of the meeting that tookplace on Thursday 10 October 2019.
4. PROGRESS ON ACTIONS
To update the Committee on progress ofagreed actions from previous meetings (see
5. THE GREAT BRITISH SPRING CLEAN
To receive a proposal from CllrDonnelly in relation to Burnham’s involvement in the event and launch of ‘adoptan area’ initiative.
6. POP UP EVENTS
To clarify procedures relating to thearrangement of pop-up events in the town.
7. BURNHAM IN BLOOM
To confirm arrangements for 2020Burnham in Bloom competition.
To discuss the provision of hanging baskets bythe Council.
9. TENDER PROCESS FOR TOWN MAINTENANCE
To clarify the tender process. Tenderdue for renewal this month.
To receive reports and to discuss the followingareas of responsibility as defined in the approved Terms of Reference for thecommittee:
· Conditionof green spaces, trees, hedges etc. throughout the town.
· Provisionand maintenance of street furniture, bus shelters and public notice boards.
· ‘StationAdopters’ group.
· Provisionand maintenance of public floral displays.
· Effectivenessand efficiency of grass cutting/weed spraying operations undertaken by the council’scontractors.
· Publicrights of way in the town.
· Environmentalprojects within the town.
· Potentialhazards (particularly for the visually impaired, elderly and young) on the footpaths(pavements) and other related areas and initiate the necessary action to reportthe defects to the appropriate authority.
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
To agree a date for the next meeting.
12. CLOSURE OF THEMEETING
To close the meeting having considered and determinedall items of business