The Town Mayor
The current Town Mayor is Councillor Wendy Stamp.
Councillor Stamp was first elected to the office on 9th May, 2018, and re-elected on 15th May, 2019 for a second term, with the aim of standing down in May 2020.
The Town Mayor keeps a DIARY. Click here to find out just some of what the Mayor’s been up to.
The Town Mayor also presents the Mayor’s Awards at the Annual Civic Reception.
About the Town Mayor’s role
- The Mayor is elected each year by the councillors at the Statutory Annual Town Council meeting which is held in May.
- Mayors hold the office for a year, and can then be re-elected or choose to stand down.
- The Mayor acts as the chair of Town Council Meetings and has a casting vote if opinion is evenly split.
- The Mayor sits on all the Town Council Committees.
- The Mayor hosts receptions and other events organised by the Town Council, and acts as civic representative for the town at events in Burnham and beyond.
- The Mayor normally wears the chain of office when formally representing the Town Council.
For a list of Town Mayors click here for the Council History page.
The Deputy Town Mayor
- The current Deputy Town Mayor is Councillor Nick Skeens.
- He was elected to the office on 15th May, 2019.
- The Deputy Mayor’s role, as the name implies, is to stand in when the Town Mayor is absent.