The Burnham Art Trail runs from Saturday 22 – Sunday 30 June 2019
55 artists took over Burnham to create an art trail rich in variety and with a host of fun and creative activities.
They exhibited their work and techniques in 42 venues – many of them private homes that weare partly open to the public for the duration of the Art Trail.
With work from new and established artists, there really was something to suit everyone, from atmospheric land and seascapes to contemporary printmaking, installations, ceramics, textiles, jewellery and sculpture.
In the 8 open artist studios, you could chat to artists, see demonstrations and work in progress.
Art on the Quay
This outdoor art display took place on Sunday 23 and Saturday 29 June from 11am to 5pm.
Art Trail artists were painting and sketching, demonstrating printing, papermaking, jewellery making and ceramics to make and take away. It was a great opportunity to buy or commission artists work.
Shapes and Shades of Burnham
Marian Sidebottom and Jean Webber have been working with Burnham school students using the mediums of photography and watercolour.
- Darbuka drumming with Paul Lester in Francis Franklins studio garden Venue 5 Saturday 22 June 2pm onwards. Followed by storytelling with James Taylor. Free and no need to book.
- Watercolour painting demonstration with John Green. Venue 4. Wednesday 26 and Thursday 27 1.30pm onwards. Free and no need to book.
- Drawing for the Terrified, with Burnham Creative Collective Saturday 22 June 10am to 1pm Venue 7 Station House. Free and no need to book.
- ‘Secret Postcards’ – a chance to own an original postcard-sized artwork in a sealed bid auction. Cream teas and artist demonstrations with Jean Webber and Anne Hendry at Ramblers Retreat Studio. Venue 27.
- Jewellery making demonstration throughout the week with Amy Keeper at her studio shop Venue 14
- Glass Bead making taster sessions with Marian Sidebottom at her private studio cost £65 for 3 hours phone 07941 150361 to book a session.